Friday, 28 October 2011

Ideas of Sets, Props, Costumes, and Actors

Sets
At the moment, I am planning to use both interior and exterior places. In this case, the scenes could take place in houses, public places like parks, shopping centre, restaurants, streets, etc. I was planning to have different settings so that the audience doesn't get bored of seeing the same setting over and over again. I chose these setting because theatrical trailers are mainly used to show a sense of reality. In this case, lovers would usually go parks and restaurants when they are on a date.

Props
For my theatrical trailer, I am planning to use naturalistic props that people use everyday. In this case, I may include laptops, mobile phones, etc. These props are good for my genre because these props can be used for communicating with each other. I would also need to use a car as a prop because both characters would be in an accident.

Costumes
The costumes can be anything because in terms of romance it will be all about real life. However, for the boy, I would want him to wear blue all the time because one, its a masculine colour, and two, his attitude towards the girl would always be soft and understanding whereas, for the girl, I would want her to wear red all the time because at the end, she will be in danger of dying, and she will also act like a 'leader' within their relationship.

Actors
Because of the stereotype in films, females are always the victim. I will follow this idea of making the female to be the one who will be suffering in the end. There would also be more females involve in this trailer because females tends to know about love and relationships, whereas men would just usually 'go with the flow'.

No comments:

Post a Comment