Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Feedback on the Questionnaire - Chosen Product

I have created another questionnaire about the genre for my theatrical trailer. Below, I will be listing the answers on what my chosen people thought about watching romantic films.
I have asked 10 people, both male and female between the age of 12 to 24 because these are the target audience that I am aiming for.

In a romantic film, do you like happy endings or sad endings? Please explain why.
The majority says that they like films that ends with a happy ending because:
- It wasn't a waste of time
- They leave you in a happy mood
- It shows that everything is possible
- Nobody likes a sad endings
- I don't like sad endings
- It makes you feel hopeful
- It makes me happy too

However, some people likes to have a sad ending because:
- Happy endings are too cliche. I like a twist and its more deep
- Because sometimes sad endings are inspirational

What is your favourite romantic film? Why?
- Sweet Home Alabama because I love the characters
- The Holiday
- Jane Eyre because byronic characters like Rochester is so attractive
- 500 Days of Summer because the story is great and I love Zoey Deschannel
- Titanic & Letters to Juliet because it made me cry and some parts of the scene relates to me
- Titanic because Jack is beautiful
- Titanic
- The Notebook because it shows the tough relationships and how they over come it and how fate can be true
- Romeo & Juliet because it's full of drama
- The Lake House

What would you like to be featured in a romantic trailer?
- A setting of the scene - maybe a background of the characters
- Music that sets the scene and maybe a little introduction into the story and characters
- heartbreakers and getting back together
- Quirky, deep romance with a touch of comedy
- The ending of the movie at the start
- Kissing scene
- Kissing scene
- The beginning could be an intense relationship, and throughout they find out they have interest in each other
- flash back
The ending of the film to be the first part of the scene

Explain how the first clips are important for you
- Determines if I keep watching the film
- It decides whether or not you will like the film and whether you may stop watching
- If it's boring then I'll stop watching it
- Not that important
- To excite the audience at the start of the film
- It is simple and short the way a romantic film can be summed in a short period of time
- To catch the audiences' attention
- It draws the audience in

Where is a good place to shoot a romantic scene?
- Anywhere! The storyline is the most important. I pay more attention to the characters
- In a city at night time or at the park on a really sunny day
- Bedroom, where you cry in the scene
- Anywhere with good lighting
- Park
- In a resort
- In a field where the sun is shining bright at the lovers
- beach
- in a countryside, city or school

Do the actors encourage you to watch a certain film?
- yes
- definitely
- yes if the actors are cute
- yes, especially Zoey Deschannel
- yes
- yes
- yes
- yes, it makes you feel interested and it shows their way of acting and expression
- yes, because if i dont know them, I tend not to watch it
- yes

Who is your favourite actor/actress in a romantic film? 
- Jesse Metcalfe because he is funny and very good
- Jude Law because he's cute
- I dont have one
- Zoey Dechannel because she's cute and quirky
- Leonardo Da Vinci because they express a deep love in dramas, although everything is intense

Overall, the response are very good, which I should take consider when I start thinking of ideas on my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment